Tempest Car Hire Midrand
If you are seeing a blank page, please wait a few seconds till our booking engine loads…Found in central Gauteng, nestled between Centurion and Kyalami is the suburban and industrial city of Midrand. Midrand has exploded in growth in the past decade with the city attracting a lot of businesses to the area because of the city’s location within the economic hub of Johannesburg and the close proximity to the Johannesburg Airport. The Tempest Car Hire Midrand branch caters for all of the business travellers to these businesses as well as holiday travellers to Johannesburg. The Tempest Car Hire Midrand branch can be found at Shop 2, The Link, Old Pretoria Road. The Tempest Car Hire Midrand branch is open Mondays to Fridays from 8:00 – 17:00. It is also open on Saturdays from 8:00 – 12:00. At this branch, customers can get access to all of the products and services offered by the Tempest Car Hire brand countrywide.
What Vehicles does Tempest Car Hire Midrand offer to Customers?
- Hatchbacks- if you are looking for a small basic vehicle, just to get you from one point to another in Johannesburg in a cost effective way, then hatchbacks are the vehicle to rent from Tempest Car Hire Midrand. Not only do they come with some of the cheapest rates but being light on fuel means less refuelling.
- Sedans- if you are looking for something a bit more substantial and would be driving longer distances and need to be more comfortable during this commute then Tempest Car Hire sedans are the vehicle to rent out. Sedans also give a bit more space within the seating area of the car as well as the boot area.
- Vans- if space or off road driving is a high requirement, then the Tempest van range should be the rental of choice. All vans from Tempest Car Hire Midrand come with a canopy so all items stored at the back will be safe and secure.
- Minibuses- if you are travelling in a group and would prefer to remain together during a commute then the Tempest range of vehicles has many options for minibus type vehicles which are capable of transporting different amounts of people.
Are there any other Products and Services offered by Tempest Car Hire Midrand?
Navigation systems- the TOM TOM range of GPS systems is offered for rentals from Tempest Car Hire Midrand. Navigation systems allow for renters to drive all over Johannesburg and not get lost finding places they are not familiar with.
Child safety seats- both baby and booster seats are available for rental from Tempest Car Hire Midrand. Choosing one depends on whether it will be used for an infant or toddler. Child safety seats really are the most effective way of keeping babies safe during road travel.
Long term rentals- when renting a car from Tempest Car Hire Midrand for more than 30 days, customers will be advised to rent under the Maxi Rent option. This option entitles customers to reduced daily rates on their Tempest vehicle.
Airport transfers- if an airport transfer is needed to or from Johannesburg Airport, then Tempest Car Hire can be used. They offer airport transfers from all of the major airports around the country. Transfers to or from Johannesburg Airport can be done in a sedan or minibus vehicle. The transfer service is charged per vehicle.
How to go about Booking Vehicles from Tempest Car Hire Midrand
The most chosen method for customers to book out vehicles from Tempest Car Hire Midrand is through the internet. Sure, there are the options of going to the store itself or calling the Tempest call centre to get a booking done, but online remains the fastest and most convenient option. The booking engine found on the Tempest website is very easy to use and even first time internet bookers manage to get a booking confirmed in mere minutes. An important point to remember is that Tempest Car Hire only allows for the driver of the vehicle to be the renter. The renter must also have held his/her Driver’s License for more than 2 years. The Driver’s License or International Driving Permit will be requested at the branch during pick-up to verify this. The online booking process for Tempest Car Hire Midrand vehicles is done in 3 steps.
The first would be for the customer to enter in dates for when a Tempest vehicle will be hired out. This would be done by way of clicking the dates on a drop down calendar. Also needed at this point will be to choose the Midrand branch as pick-up point and the time that the vehicle will be picked up.
The second would be for the customer to select a car based on the options that are provided from the date’s selection. The rates that are provided for each car type covers a stated amount of mileage, theft and accident waivers, airport surcharges, tourism levy and VAT. At this point the customer can also choose any extra products from Tempest Car Hire Midrand. These are
- Child seats – priced per rental
- Tyre and windscreen cover – priced per day
- Additional driver – priced per rental
- GPS units – priced per day
The third would be for the customer to enter in the following details
- First Name
- Email address
- Contact Number
- SA Identity Document Number or Passport Number
After finalizing payment details and agreeing to Tempests terms and conditions the booking can be confirmed. Customers should note that although Tempest Car Hire accepts both credit and debit cards as payment, only debit cards issued from South African banks will be accepted.
During pick-up of the vehicle at the Midrand Tempest Car Hire branch there will be a bit of admin to complete before leaving with the rental car. An Identity Document or Passport will have to be presented at this stage to confirm the booking details.
Once done, the customer can inspect the Tempest vehicle and then drive off.
The vehicle must be dropped off at the stated time on the rental agreement. Late drop-offs will incur a penalty fee.