If you are seeing a blank page, please wait a few seconds till our booking engine loads…
Whether you are staying in Johannesburg for a short or long period of time, the most carefree way of travelling around is through access to your own car. This way visitors to the city will not be at the mercy of public transport or costly private taxis. Now people visiting the city would not have to go out and purchase a car. They can simply hire one from the many car rental agencies in the city, though the most opportune way would be to do so directly at Johannesburg Airport. This way they would have instant access to a car upon landing in the city. Deals and specials for car hire here are always being advertised for short term or weekend rentals, but what about long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport for people who need to stay in the city for longer than a month.
Vehicle options for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport
The vehicle choice for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport will depend on the requirements of the customer. For those on a budget trip to the city, a vehicle from the entry level range at car rental companies will be best. With this option, customers will get the cheapest rates for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport. Sedans and SUV’s which provide a much more luxurious drive are also an option for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport. They are more expensive, but to some, comfort is worth the price. Those who are travelling to Johannesburg as part of a group can hire out a people carrier vehicle to get them around during their long term stay. This way the group get to travel in one vehicle and there will only be a need for one driver. Another option would be van rentals. Those travelling around Johannesburg on work related purposes, such as photographers, can hire out a van which has more backroom space to be able to store all of their equipment. Vans come with a canopy so as to safely store and transport goods around.
Bookings for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport
Bookings for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport should be done by contacting a rental branch of your choice. Long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport is different to short term rentals. For one, the rates for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport are cheaper than daily rates. That is, provided the hire period is longer than a month. Long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport is a package generally crafted according to each customer. This is because long term rental periods will differ across the board and customers will be requesting different types of vehicles. Correspondence can be done via telephone or email. A quote will be done and sent to the customer upon which they may go ahead and finalize their booking.
- Customers would have to provide the rental period that they would need the vehicle for. To qualify for long term rental rates, this period must be over 1 month.
- The type of vehicle needed must also be given in to get a quote. If any counter products such as GPS unit’s or baby seats are needed then it will also have to be stated so that it can also be quoted for.
- Also to be given would be the branch which would in this case be Johannesburg Airport. This needs to be provided in so that they can find out if that branch can have the car available. They will also be able to have the car ready for the customer on the pick-up date.
With this information, a quote will then be sent to the customer and if they are happy with the quotation then they can confirm the booking which will consist of providing personal details, contact details and making payment.
General rules for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport
- Prospective renters will need to be a licensed driver. A Driver’s License will need to be produced during pick-up to confirm this before the car will be let out. For international visitors to South Africa an International Driving Permit will suffice.
- Identification of the renter will also need to be provided (Identity Document or Passport) to confirm the details given during booking.
- Depending on the car rental company chosen, car hire can be paid for with cash, debit or credit cards at Johannesburg Airport.
Additional products also rented with long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport
- Child safety seats- child safety seats are available for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport. These are a necessity if a child will be travelling in the vehicle as it has become the law in South Africa to allow for the safer passage of children during travel on the country’s roads. Research has shown that these seats are paramount to keeping children safer in the unfortunate case of an accident. They come in different sizes and it is important to book the correct one depending on whether there will be a baby or toddler.
- Navigational units- these are also a necessity item for long term car hire at Johannesburg Airport. Chances are, if you would be hiring out a car in Johannesburg, you would be unfamiliar with the city and need some sort of help in getting around. This is where navigational units come in handy. You would just have to enter in the details of your destination point and set it to either verbal or on screen commands to be directed to that exact address. It is charged at an additional fee to that of the rental vehicle but in the end is a time and money saver. They ensure that drivers do not get lost and then waste time and petrol finding their way about in Johannesburg.