The Port Elizabeth Airport can be found in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. A fun fact is that the airport is more commonly known to locals as the “10 minute airport” because it is within this time limit that you would be able to get to most of the important spots in the city. Before being called the Port Elizabeth Airport, it was the HF Verwoerd Airport. There are 3 runways at the Port Elizabeth Airport with the space to hold 13 planes in the hanger area. The airport caters for well over a million passengers every year.
Airlines Operating out of Port Elizabeth Airport
If you would be doing an urgent booking to or from Port Elizabeth Airport then you would be stuck with whichever airline has a seat available for you. If you book in advance then you would be able to choose a low cost airline like Kulula and stay within a budget, or a full service airline like SAA which will offer you more amenities during the flight.
Bookings for flights can be done by visiting a physical store location, calling the airline call centre or online. Online is the option recommended as customers can find, select and confirm their flights within minutes? Payment can be done via internet banking, EFT or credit cards.
If you would need to pass some time at Port Elizabeth Airport because you have arrived early then you can indulge in some clothing shopping at Sneakers or buy some gifts at Memento’s. Digital needs can be taken care of at the Vodacom Cellphone Shop while a meal can be enjoyed at well-known restaurant brand, Steers.
Facilities at Port Elizabeth Airport
- Viewing deck- to enjoy the exciting activity of aircraft prep on the runway
- Telephones- to use in case your cellphone battery gives out
- Restrooms- in all terminals, along with disabled and baby changing features
- Prayer rooms- a private room can be organized by airport staff if passengers do make a request
- Medical- basic needs are handled on site with major concerns being taken to a nearby facility
- Disabled- lifts, ramps and reserved parking are a few ways the Port Elizabeth Airport is equipped to meet the needs of disabled travellers.
- Banking- ATMS’s are available if you would need to draw out some cash
Once you arrive at Port Elizabeth Airport then you may hire a private taxi to get you to your destination or arrange to have someone pick you up from the airport. If neither of these options seem okay with you, then hire out your own vehicle for use in Port Elizabeth. Companies such as Thrifty, Avis, Hertz, Europcar, Tempest, Bidvest and First Car Rental all have a branch at the airport. Vehicles include hatchbacks, sedans, vans and minibuses. Additional products can also be hired from child safety seats to navigational systems to bicycle racks or paraplegic hand controls. Your own car in another city would give you the freedom to roam about at your leisure.