If you are seeing a blank page, please wait a few seconds till our booking engine loads…The picture perfect city of Centurion lies between Johannesburg and Pretoria, though it is officially situated in Johannesburg. The city is known to have a great mix of city and country living with easy access to the Johannesburg Airport via major roadways or the Gautrain. Tempest Car Hire’s Centurion branch can be found at Cnr Larch Nook and South Street. The Tempest Car Hire Centurion branch is open weekdays from 8 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon. The branch is also open on Saturdays from 8 in the morning until 12 in the afternoon.
Booking Vehicles at Tempest Car Hire Centurion
- Customers may go to the Tempest Car Hire Centurion branch and do their car rental bookings with the consultant on site. Unfortunately, this means actually going to the branch which is not an option for many especially if the renter does not reside in Johannesburg and will only need the car when visiting the city.
- Customers may also choose to call the Tempest Car Hire central reservations call centre to make their booking. While a bit more accessible for non-residents of Johannesburg, it means spending quite some time on the phone which not many people find appealing.
- Customers may also book their vehicles online. This method allows for customers to do their own booking at any time, since the booking engine on the Tempest website is open all day long. The customer will also get an immediate confirmation on the booking through email.
Whichever method is chosen, the 3 step process remains the same. The following details are required during bookings. To save time in the rental queue at the Tempest Car Hire Centurion branch or on the telephone it is best to have details on hand.
- Dates for when the vehicle will be hired need to be given in. Also needed at this point are the time of day and the branch. Time and branch are needed so that Tempest will know when and where to have the vehicle ready.
- The second step is to choose a preferred vehicle. A list will be given of cars that are bookable for the dates given in step 1.
- Lastly, some personal and contact details are required and payment needs to be finalized.
Once these 3 steps are done, the booking will be confirmed.
Rental Rules to Booking a Vehicle at Tempest Car Hire Centurion
The renter must provide identification to confirm details from the booking.
The renter must be in possession of a valid Driver’s License (International Driving Permits will suffice for international travellers to South Africa), and have held it for at least 2 years. If the License has been held for under 2 years then there will be a surcharge.
The renter will be the main driver, but an additional driver may be added if needed.
The vehicle will have to be returned before the agreed time. This is so that Tempest staff have plenty of time to clean and service if before hiring it out to the next customer. A penalty will be charged if the vehicle is not returned within this agreed upon time.
Vehicle Guide at Tempest Car Hire Centurion
- The cheapest vehicle rental at Tempest Car Hire Centurion is their entry level range. Here there are hatchbacks, both basic and some a little more sophisticated.
- For something a little more substantial, there is the Tempest Car Hire Centurion sedan range. These cars have more specs and features which provide an all-round more comfortable driving experience.
- If space is a high requirement then the vans for hire at Tempest are the way to go. They also come with a canopy at the back so that luggage can be stored safely, or to be used as sleeping quarters on a camping holiday.
- To transport a group of passengers, it is recommended to hire out the people carrier vehicles from the Tempest Car Hire Centurion range. This way, there won’t be a need to hire out multiple vehicles
Also Available at Tempest Car Hire Centurion
Tempest Car Hire Centurion offers navigation systems to be hired out as well. The brand of choice for Tempest Car Hire is the TOM TOM system, noted for its ease of use. Navigation units may come at an additional fee but they do pay for themselves when customers save a lot of time and money by not getting lost in Johannesburg.
Tempest Car Hire Centurion also provides baby and booster seats for hire to their customers. These child safety seats provide the maximum protection to the little ones in the case of an impact, making it so important to make sure they are securely intact in one, while being transported in a vehicle. Besides it is illegal in South Africa to not have a baby seated in one.
Tempest Car Hire Centurion has a long term rental service available to customers who need a vehicle for more than just a few days. It is the Maxi Rent option of hiring out a car. Customers hiring out a vehicle from Tempest with this service get tailored daily rates. To be eligible to hire out a car on the Maxi Rent option a Tempest vehicle will have to be hired out for more than 30 days.
Tempest Car Hire provides a transfer service from all of the major airports in South Africa. Passengers from Johannesburg Airport can be transferred directly to their hotel in Centurion right from the terminal building of the airport. The vehicle rental can then be taken care of at Tempest Car Hire Centurion the next day when it is less tiring. Not many people are up to standing in a queue directly after landing at Johannesburg Airport. Furthermore, there would be no need to pay for an extra day of rental when you would only need the vehicle to get to the hotel. The Tempest Car Hire transfer service can be done in a sedan or minibus vehicle. It all depends on the number of passengers needing the service. The transfer service is charged per transfer and not per passenger.