At their very core, Tempest Car Hire is all about providing economically priced cars at world class service. Founded in 1986, Tempest Car Hire caters great value for business or leisure vehicle rentals. Tempest Car Hire branches can be found all over the country. One of their most popular branches is at the O.R Tambo Airport. O.R Tambo Airport is more commonly known as Johannesburg Airport. As the busiest airport in South Africa, this also makes the Tempest Car Hire branch located here one of the busiest as well. With the Tempest Car Hire focus on economical rates, this is exactly what a lot of these travellers want in a car rental company.
Bookings for Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport can be done online on the Tempest Car Hire website. This option is open 24 hours a day so customers can book at any time and from anywhere. The 3 step process is basically
- Selecting a date- the first step entails giving in pick-up and drop off locations as well as the dates for when the vehicle will be rented out. The exact time is an important factor as Tempest Car Hire would need to know what time to have the vehicle ready for the customer, as well as when exactly to expect the car back so that it can be prepped for the next customer who books it out.
- Selecting a vehicle- the second step will be selecting a vehicle to fit your requirements. The vehicle types provided by Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport is listed below.
- Providing renter details- the final step will be for the renter to enter contact and payment details.
The Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport Fleet
The 3000 strong vehicle fleet can be found at branches across South Africa. The Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport fleet consists of the following vehicle types
- Entry level hatchbacks- the cheapest option with the advantage of being very light on petrol
- Bigger hatchbacks- the slightly more expensive option though the cars in this range do have a bit more features.
- Sedans- sedans offer more features and more of a comfort factor. Sedans in the Tempest range are chosen for their economical value
- Vans- hired by those who need to transport a lot more luggage, for example those going on camping trips.
- Minibuses- the Tempest range seats various amounts of people from 5 to 8 and their luggage as well.
Added Products at Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport
Long term rental at Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport is an option offered to customers who will be renting out vehicles for longer than a month. The rental rates as part of Maxi Rent are specially crafted into a tailor made agreement for customers who go this route. The rates are only applicable if a vehicle will be rented for 30 days and over.
GPS rentals at Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport can also be rented with the vehicle and will be charged at an additional rate. The navigation systems provided by Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport is the TOM TOM system. The brand was chosen by Tempest for its ease of use and award winning achievements. The TOM TOM navigational system is the perfect item to guide Tempest customers from Johannesburg Airport, around the city and back again to the airport.
Airport transfers at Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport is a chauffeur service that takes customers directly from the airport terminal to their destination of choice in Johannesburg. This service is a full proof way to make sure you will have a ride once you land at Johannesburg Airport, and also not have to struggle with flagging down taxis or arranging for someone to pick you up at the airport. Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport transfers are done in standard sedan vehicles which can seat up to 3 people. For a larger group, customers are welcome to arrange for the transfer service to be provided in an MPV.
Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport Rental Guide
- Rental rates at Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport is calculated according to 24 hour cycles
- Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport accepts both debit and credit cards as method of payment. However only South African issued debit cards from Standard Bank, FNB, ABSA, Nedbank and Capitec will be accepted.
- When picking up a Tempest vehicle at Johannesburg Airport identification of the driver/renter (has to be the same person) will need to be provided. This can be either an Identity Document or Passport.
- A Driver’s License will also have to be provided to ensure that the renter is a licensed driver and has been is possession of a Driver’s License for 2 years. Renters must also be at least 20 years old to rent vehicles from Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport. Renters from 18 to 20 years of age will have to pay a surcharge to rent a vehicle. International renters will have to provide an International Driving Permit.
About Johannesburg Airport
Johannesburg Airport is the largest in the country and operates both commercial and private flights. The airport which underwent a massive renovation project now offers a salon, banks, pharmacy, restaurants and a bureau de change at its terminal building. Stores are open daily from 6 in the morning until 10 at night. The airport also houses a travel clinic. The updated and increased parking bays at the airport allows for guests to see from afar which bays have available space. Parking onsite is paid and this can be done with either cash or credit cards. Transport to and from the airport consists of using the Gautrain or buses which run all day, though many guests prefer to hire out their own car. Having the convenience of their own vehicle means they can drive about at their leisure and not have to rely on public transport. It is also the cheaper method as they will have an idea of their transport costs up front which isn’t the case when hiring out private taxis.