If you are seeing a blank page, please wait a few seconds till our booking engine loads…The Radisson Blu Hotel in Sandton plays host to one of the many Tempest Car Hire branches found in Gauteng. The hotel, located in the upmarket suburb of Sandton, is placed right in the city’s business district with easy access to the Johannesburg Airport. Sandton is one of the most affluent areas in South Africa. The Tempest Car Hire Sandton branch is open from
Monday to Friday – 8:00 – 17:00
Saturday and Sunday – 8:00 – 12:00
Renting a Vehicle from Tempest Car Hire Sandton
The renter of a Tempest vehicle must also be the driver. Tempest Car Hire Sandton does allow for an additional driver if the need arises. A customer needs to be at least 20 years old to rent out a vehicle from Tempest Car Hire Sandton and have had their Driver’s License for a minimum of 2 years. If these requirements are met then the customer can go ahead and book out a vehicle from Tempest Car Hire Sandton. This can be done 3 ways. Customers can go to the Sandton Tempest Car Hire branch and do their car rental booking there. This can only be done if the customer is in Johannesburg though. The first option for out of town customers who need a vehicle for when they are in Johannesburg is to book through the Tempest Car Hire central reservations department. The other option would be to do the booking online which can be done on the Tempest Car Hire website. The booking engine allows for vehicle hire from Tempest to be done in 3 simple steps.
- The renter would input the dates for which a vehicle will be required in Johannesburg, along with dates and selecting the Tempest branch which in this case will be the Sandton one.
- The second step is for the renter to select a vehicle from the choices that are available during the rental period provided. The chances of getting the car of choice is higher when booking in advance.
- Thirdly, the renter will give in some personal and contact details before finalizing payment. Tempest Car Hire Sandton accepts both debit and credit cards. However the debit cards will have to be issued from a South African bank. Once the payment has been accepted then the booking will be confirmed via email.
Tempest customers should ideally be at the branch a couple of minutes before their scheduled pick-up time. The Tempest staff member will finalize the hiring process by confirming identification. Tempest accepts both Identity Documents and Passports. Also needed will be a Driving License. If the renter is not a citizen of South Africa, then an International Driving Permit will be needed to be presented.
Finally, after all admin is sorted out, the key will be handed over to the Tempest customer. Tempest vehicles are hired out in daily cycles, so if a car was booked today at 10:00am for 2 days, then it will have to be returned in 2 days’ time by 10:00am.
Vehicle Types at Tempest Car Hire Sandton
- Hatchbacks- the hatchback range at Tempest Car Hire Sandton has both entry level models as well as some that are little higher end. Hatchbacks do not only have the cheapest daily hire rates out of all the vehicles in the Tempest Car Hire Sandton range but are also the cheapest during the rental period because they do use up less fuel than all of the other vehicle options.
- Sedans- the sedan range at Tempest Car Hire Sandton is a little more comfortable to drive around in due to all of the extra features that these models come with. They are therefore the cars chosen if comfort is more of a factor than budget.
- Vans- the vans at Tempest Car Hire Sandton are able to seat 2 passengers in the front and a whole lot of luggage at the back, which will be safe because all Tempest vans come with a canopy.
- People carriers- the people carrier vehicles at Tempest Car Hire Sandton are able to seat up to 8 passengers and their luggage. It is the option for those who are traveling in a group and want just one vehicle instead of having to hire out 2 or 3 smaller cars.
Other Products and Services Available at Tempest Car Hire Sandton
- The first option to complement a Tempest vehicle is a GPS system. Tempest Car Hire has chosen to rent out the TOM TOM navigation units in all of their branches in South Africa because it is one of the easier systems to use, and of the numerous awards it has received. A navigation system provides an alternative to paper maps. The voice prompts which gives out directions is also safer as it means that drivers would not have to worry about having eyes on both the road and on a map.
- The second option is only needed if there will be a child travelling in the Tempest vehicle. They are the Tempest Car Hire baby seats. It is against the law to not transport a child in a baby seat on South African roads. This applies to infants and toddlers. Baby seats will need to be reserved in advance to make sure that there is one available during the rental period. Baby seats as well as navigation systems from Tempest Car Hire Sandton are hired out at an additional rate.
- Tempest Car Hire does provide an airport transfer service. Unfortunately this service is not available from Sandton, but customers can arrange for a transfer to their hotel if they will not be up to dealing with hiring a car directly after landing at Johannesburg Airport. Customers can be transferred from Johannesburg Airport to their hotel in Sandton and then, at their leisure organize their car rental at the Tempest Car Hire Sandton branch.
- Long term car rental is another service offered by Tempest Car Hire Sandton. The Maxi Rent service allows for a customer to get a tailored package with reduced daily rates when hiring a Tempest vehicle for more than 30 days. The Maxi Rent service can be done in a Tempest vehicle of choice.