If you are seeing a blank page, please wait a few seconds till our booking engine loads…The Tempest Car Hire Soweto branch can be found at the corner of Chris Hani and Mohloka Street in Pimville. The branch is open from Mondays to Saturdays from 8:00 until 17:00 with the exception of Fridays when it closes at 16:30. The Tempest Car Hire Soweto branch offers all of the elements that the Tempest brand is known for in South Africa from a range of vehicles, products and services.
Soweto has huge historical significance in South Africa, due to the role the township played during the country’s struggle years. Named for being situated in the south western part of Johannesburg aka SOuth WEstern TOwnship, it was initially created to house mainly black South Africans who came to Johannesburg to work in the mines and other industries located in the city. Soweto eventually become the site of political uprisings and defiance campaigns in the struggle against apartheid. Vilakazi Street in Soweto remains the only street in the world where 2 Nobel peace prize winners have lived. Today, Soweto is a must visit on the Johannesburg tourism route with an abundance of restaurants, shebeens, accommodation options and museum heritage sites.
About Tempest Car Hire
Tempest Car Hire has been in business in South Africa for almost 3 decades now. They had initially started out as a local alternative to the more international companies that were already operating in the country. In the years since, they have built up a loyal following of customers who have come to prefer their budget rates and personalized customer service. Tempest Car Hire now has a presence around South Africa with a fleet of 3000 vehicles at their disposal. The basic rules to follow as part of the Tempest Car Hire Soweto rental guide are
- Tempest Car Hire vehicles from Soweto are hired out on a daily rate. This 24 hour cycle must be strictly adhered to, as the vehicle must be returned before this cycle is over on the last day of hire.
- The renter of the vehicle must be the main driver. An additional driver can be arranged but this will come at an added fee. During collection of the vehicle, either a passport or ID will need to be presented to confirm identification.
- The renter of the vehicle must therefore be in possession of a valid Driver’s License. Furthermore, the license must have been held for at least 2 years. International visitors to Johannesburg will need to provide an International Driving Permit.
Bookings at Tempest Car Hire Soweto
Booking a vehicle from Tempest Car Hire Soweto can be done 1 of 3 ways. The first would be to visit their branch in Soweto Central. Opening hours have been mentioned at the start of the article. The second would be to call them to process the booking for you. The third would be to visit their website and do the booking yourself. The online route is the preferred method for most Tempest Car Hire Soweto customers as it means it can be done anywhere, at any time. At the branch or during the call, the Tempest consultant will process the booking on your behalf. With the online option, it will be done by yourself. There’s no need to worry though as Tempest Car Hire have streamlined this process to be done in 3 easy steps.
- You would first choose the dates for which you would need to hire out a Tempest vehicle, as well as the Soweto branch option and the exact time you would be picking up the vehicle. This is done so that the Tempest Car Hire Soweto staff are able to have the vehicle ready on time.
- From the dates chosen, a list of vehicles that will be available for that time will be listed from which you would choose one that best suits your needs.
- Finally, you would enter in the requested details on personal and contact information before providing payment details. Tempest Car Hire Soweto accepts both debit and credit cards. Tempest Car Hire only accepts debits cards issued by Standard Bank, Nedbank, FNB, ABSA and Capitec.
Vehicles for Hire at Tempest Car Hire Soweto
The Tempest range of vehicles has been chosen to meet all of the travelling needs of visitors to Johannesburg. For instance, customers travelling on a budget can hire out a car from the hatchback range. Not only do they come with some of the cheapest daily rates, they are also super economical to hire out as they don’t require much fuel. For a little more substantial vehicle with more luxuries, Tempest customers can make use of the sedan range. If more space is coveted, then Tempest Car Hire Soweto also offers a range of vans. They come with a canopy, so luggage and other equipment may be transported around securely. A very good option for those travelling in a group would be to hire out a minibus vehicle from Tempest Car Hire Soweto. This way, the entire group can travel around the many heritage sites in Soweto and enjoy this vibrant city together.
Additional Products and Services Offered by Tempest Car Hire Soweto
- Navigation systems in the form of TOM TOM units can be hired out at an additional fee from Tempest Car Hire Soweto. They will ensure that Tempest customers can travel around Soweto, enjoying the township and not getting lost.
- Baby seats can also be hired from Tempest Car Hire Soweto. They come in different sizes to accommodated infants and toddlers and need to be reserved in advance to ensure availability.
- Maxi Rent allows for Tempest customers to get special daily rates on their hired vehicle. Maxi Rent is only applicable when hiring out a Tempest vehicle for more than 30 days.
- Tempest Car Hire also has a transfer service. One of the most popular are the Johannesburg Airport transfers. Many guests to Soweto prefer to make use of the Tempest Car Hire Johannesburg Airport transfers service to get them to the township. This way they do not have to deal with all the details of hiring out a car directly after landing at Johannesburg Airport. They are able to do it at their leisure at the Tempest Car Hire Soweto branch.